The Best (and Free!) Real Estate Widgets for Your Website
Today's buyers and sellers are like most of us – lost without technology. We live in a world filled with apps, widgets and gadgets, all designed to make our lives easier. Following is a list of some of the best widgets (a fancy word for tools or content) that can be easily added to your website or blog.
You can choose a couple for your homepage, and then you can use different widgets on different pages. The idea is to give your website's visitors a reason to return and the feeling that you are a leader in their real estate marketplace.
Eppraisal.com is a free real estate and home value website that aggregates data on recent home sales, neighborhoods and schools, as well as local market data, to help you in your real estate search. The site offers several free widgets:
- City Home Values – Include median home values for a city of your choice, and it's an easy way for your visitors to look up their own. Including this widget in your site can reinforce your commitment to serve a particular market effectively and satisfy your visitor's curiosity all in one easy-to-use widget.
- National Metro Area Rankings –Display the big winners in market growth with this widget showing the top five MSA rankings. Help increase buyer optimism and seed the dreams of sellers with good news from the top performers.
- Home Values – This will allow your visitors to quickly get an eppraisal home valuation for any address they choose.
- Home Affordability – Help your visitors to find a market that can deliver the home they want at the price they can afford. Input a dollar value to display the right size home to fit the budget.
- Most Expensive Zip Codes – Enter a city, state or zip code to get a list of the most expensive zip codes in that area.
- Least Expensive Zip Codes – Enter a city, state or zip code to get a list of the least expensive zip codes in that area.
Trulia is a real estate search portal to help consumers find homes for sale, track local market trends and connect directly with real estate professionals. They offer several widgets; here are three of the most popular:
- TruliaSlideshow – This plays real estate results on Trulia, and you can specify a U.S. location for your widget or login to play your own listings.
- TruliaMap – This widget will show your listings on a colorful, interactive and easy-to-use map. You can customize the size and color of it and then easily drop it onto your own blog or website.
- TruliaStats – This will display local real estate trends on your site. It is a custom chart of the average listing price and available inventory for any city or neighborhood in the U.S. You can specify the size and colors to match your site perfectly and even chart two locations at once.
Share This Page:
Please log in to Facebook to provide comments. Comments will not appear on your Facebook wall without your permission.