About Us

Success Journal: The Magic of Midyear

Sindy Ready

As I reflect on an amazing week at the Midyear Meeting in Washington D.C., I wish for every member to attend and experience the power and energy of a national Women's Council conference. If you want to revitalize your business and your soul, attending a national event is the way to do it.

Our week started with NAR's "Rally to Protect the American Dream" at the Washington Monument. We all arrived from different cities across the U.S., yet matching in our blue REALTOR® "R" logo shirts. Almost 14,000 members strong, we formed a sea of blue in the shadow of the monument to send the message to our elected leaders: yes, homeownership matters! 

Believe me, the REALTOR® Party was noticed. Standing on the lawn you could feel the power.

The week was filled with amazing sessions to improve our personal, business and leadership skills. Learning side by side with new and old friends from around the nation made it even better. Be sure to check out all the photos on our slideshow page. Here are just a few "aha moments" and take-aways from some of our members.

At the "Going for Your Goals" session with Robert Morris, Cynthia Williams (RE/MAX Desert Showcase in Peoria, AZ) learned: 
"Robert stated that only 3 percent of people set goals. The other 97 percent don't because they are afraid to fail." Robert's categorization of goals:

  1. Give Up Goals - If you share goals with everyone, you "give them the right to stop you when you have a weak moment."
  2. Go Up Goals - If you share goals only within your trusted network, they will support you.

Also from that session, Jennifer Doyle (Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage in Phoenix, AZ) learned: "A goal is for yourself!"  

At the "Deep Dive: App-y Hour" session with Yvonne Coelet, Rosemary Mahoney(RE/MAX Palm Realty in Port Charlotte, FL) learned:
"The 360Panorama mobile app allows you to stand and slowly turn so you can do a 360 shot of your listings. Magic Plan allows you to take photos of a house, and it converts it to a floor plan. These are just a few great apps covered; there were so many more."

Note: more tips from this session can be found on our Midyear Meeting handouts page

On Friday morning, attendees were able to participate in the work of the Council in our fast-paced Strategic Forums, including:

  • Professional Development: "It's Not Your Momma's Mentoring" defined the "horizontal" value of mentoring, in that each member helps another member based on their skills and needs at that time.
  • Leadership Development & Influence: In this forum, members worked together to develop tools for chapters, which provide opportunities to "share an exchange of value" among members.
  • Effective Chapter Operations: This forum defined "GEMS" (grow, excel, motivate, share) strategies, which offer unique value at local Women's Council business resource meetings.
  • Communication and Outreach: This forum featured discussions with members who have taken on community and industry leadership roles so you can do the same back home. Also covered were best practices on developing a great relationship with your local and state REALTOR® associations.

There were so many amazing forums, learning labs and education sessions that we could go on and on. Bring back these great ideas and your own take-aways to share at your chapter’s next business resource meeting. And make your plans now to attend our next great National Conference in Orlando, November 7-11. See you there!

Sindy Ready, ABR, CRS, GRI, PMN, SRES
Financial Secretary
RE/MAX Excalibur Realty
Scottsdale, AZ
Sindy@AzGreatHomes.com

Share This Page:

Please log in to Facebook to provide comments. Comments will not appear on your Facebook wall without your permission.