2015 has been a great year! It was truly my honor to lead our organization through this year of exciting change. Our future is bright and your 2016 team is moving forward with our strategic plans. Just as we teach at Leadership Academy, your National leadership team works on a multi year plan. As a President, it is not my year, it is the Council's year. Your leadership team includes your National line officers, the executive committee (with members from all over the Nation), our EVP, and our amazing staff members. Thank you to all who served! We have so much to be proud of as we look back over the year.
Here's a few of the highlights:
- In February we started using video as a major communication tool. This took us out of our comfort zone, and we learned to use videos in so many ways. The outtakes are funny. We now have great equipment and the training to do video. The biggest lesson we learned about video is that you just have to get over yourself on video and do it!
- We continued our 2 year California beta test of a new chapter/network model. A special thank you to the California leadership team and members for taking on this important work.
- In the Spring, we hired our new Executive Vice President, Jeff Hornberger. His background at National Association of REALTORS® as the Director of the Global Division is a great asset to us. He has hit the ground running and has not stopped in the 7 months he has been on board. He brings great energy, marketing and management expertise, and Global perspective to our team!
- In May at the Legislative Meetings in Washington, D.C., we started our social media branding contest #WCRRocks. What fun - You all were so creative! Our step and repeat logo backdrop was also a hit! This contest has gone on all year! Thanks to everyone who participated - #WCRRocks!
- 2015 Outreach Program: The focus was to research, attend, speak, and exhibit at other industry events that we felt would give us exposure and visibility for our members and potential members. Some of the events we attended included: NAWRB (National Association of Real Estate Women in Business) in Long Beach, NAR's Leadership Summit in Chicago, NAHREP (National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals) in Chicago and AREAA (Asian Real Estate Association of America) in San Francisco. We'll continue to grow our outreach in a purposeful and cost-effective way, and will explore ways to involve our local chapters, too.
- Canada Outreach to Toronto. We did our first meeting in Toronto to build interest and support for our Global expansion into CANADA.
- In August, at Leadership Academy, we rolled out our Branding Guide and standardized chapter logos. The old Get Ready logo is gone! Get more information here.
- In September, we rolled out the PMN fast track program to streamline the process of earning the PMN designation. We have 130 new PMN (Performance Management Network) candidates & designees. Congratulations everyone! We also started a PMN designee private Facebook page this past summer for sharing referrals, ideas, and education. Additionally, all PMN candidates & designees were invited to a special reception to network in San Diego. Click here for more information on applying for your PMN.
- Membership is up - We are growing! 2 new State Chapters: New Jersey and West Virginia have been chartered. Thank you everyone for your work in membership recruitment and retention. This is the Power of our Network! Women's Council should be a part of every member's business plan.
- In October, we did a membership survey, and we learned that our members income is increasing, that most are doing referrals in the WCR network, and that the majority are business leaders in their community and respective organizations! Visit this article.
- Most recently, in November at the National Conference, the energy was high. Throughout the week, we had AMAZING education sessions, innovative learning, expert business leaders, national speakers and more! Plus we celebrated the Installation of President Melissa Zimbelman and the 2016 Officer team! What a special evening! If you missed it, we will be in Orlando, November 2 - 6, 2016 - Add it to your schedule now!
As you can see your National Leadership team and staff have been busy working hard for you! I am so proud to serve you and our Council this year! The Council is strong and the excitement is in the air! Join the fun and take advantage of the Power of our Network!
Share This Page:
Please log in to Facebook to provide comments. Comments will not appear on your Facebook wall without your permission.