2015 is Here: Top 10 Tips to Maximize your Women's Council Membership
The beginning of a new year is always exciting. We all try to get back on track and focus on our goals for the year. Personally, I like to set a few challenging, yet realistic, goals. And of course, Women’s Council is always a part of my personal growth and business plan. Here are a few tips to get you started on maximizing the benefits of your Women's Council membership.
1. Renew your membership now, and take it off the To Do list.
2. Log in to your Member Expertise Profile and ensure your information is up to date. Your current cell number should be your main phone number. Check your email address to make sure you can receive your monthly newsletter with business tips from Women's Council, as well as updates on events and online education. Include your designations and hobbies, specialties and areas you serve in your profile, and add a current photo.
I cannot tell you how many times I've had to leave several messages (or numbers have been disconnected) when I am trying to send a referral to another member. Make it easy for our members across the country to find you. Women’s Council members report earning on average $11,000 in referral business annually. Are you maximizing your Women’s Council network for referral business?
3. Set a goal of three outgoing referrals per week. The more you give out, the more you will see in return. This can be to local affiliate members and strategic partners, as well as REALTORS® in and out of state.
4. In your electronic calendar, set a monthly reminder to visit www.WCR.org and check for online webinars and Women's Council events in your area. Your membership includes tools, articles and free recorded webinars and live online events, including top thought leaders in the industry covering a variety of business topics. Mark your calendar now for the next live online event:
"What Works: Building Your Business in 2015"
Featuring Leigh Brown
Wednesday, January 28, 2015, at 1:00 p.m. CST
If you are utilizing our mobile app (for Android or Apple devices), you should automatically see events for your local chapter on your phone.
5. Attend your local monthly meetings. Better yet, volunteer for a committee or task force that you are passionate about. This is where you really start to build strong lifelong friendships within our organization.
6. Attend at least one state, regional or national Women's Council conference. You will see firsthand the strength of our organization, while at the same time you multiply your contacts for future referrals.
7. When you learn something new at a Women's Council event, share it. This will help other real estate professionals to see the value of belonging.
8. Check for local scholarship programs. Many Women's Council groups fund scholarship programs to help active members with education expenses, such as designation courses or to offset the cost to attend state or national conferences. In many cases you can earn back more than your annual membership dues, which is awesome.
9. Do not keep Women's Council a secret. Bring a friend to your next local program or event. Don't just tell people about the Council. Show them.
10. Have fun at your Women's Council activities. Fun is contagious.
If you follow these simple steps, you will receive a strong return on your investment, not to mention the strong personal relationships you will build, which makes your membership a true win-win. 2015 rings in with great excitement and high energy! Thank you for your involvement.
Sindy Ready, ABR, CRS, GRI, PMN, SRES
The Ready Callaghan Team-Team Leader
Share This Page:
Please log in to Facebook to provide comments. Comments will not appear on your Facebook wall without your permission.