The 5 Best Places in Your Home to Renovate or Improve - Sponsored Content
With the prime selling season heating up, here are 5 surefire ways to get the best bang for your buck and get top dollar for your listing:
- Remove outdated carpets
- Replace with either laminate or hardwood flooring or ceramic tiles
- It’s easier to clean & helps with people who have allergies
- Also, buyers are specifically looking for updated flooring when they evaluate a potential home
2) FIXTURES & HARDWARE
- These include door knobs & handles on all doors, entrances/exits, cabinet hardware, bathroom & lighting fixtures, etc…
- They are easy to replace & fairly inexpensive
- You get a great return on investment for not a lot of money
- If fixtures & hardware are not replaced, it can really date a property and make it appear as if it has not been maintained
- Remember, everyone has to either touch a door or walk through it! It’s simple & cheap to fix the hardware
- If your client does opt to do a bathroom upgrade, it’s often worth the money, as it’s considered the 2nd most important room in the house
- Upgrades can include: new tile & grout, new faucet & hardware, new coat of paint, upgrading or replacing cabinets.
- This is the most valuable room in the house, but your clients don't need to spend a fortune in order to make it look spectacular
- Simple add-ons such as a deluxe faucet, cabinet door hardware, upgraded or new appliances, new lighting, or adding a backsplash can help jazz up its appearance & functionality
- They can also rebuild standard cabinetry at half the price (as opposed to custom cabinets or using expensive materials).
5) ADD AN INCOME-SUITE
- Depending on the city or municipality, if the neighborhood allows for Income Suites, your clients could potentially add 150-160% of equity into their home by putting in an extra suite
- This allows the owner to also potentially receive additional income through a tenant
- Depending on the specific market or city, demand for double unit homes can rise by more than 25%
For more information, please contact the nationwide experts at Pillar To Post Home Inspectors - www.pillartopost.com.
About the Contributor
Alice Soon is the Marketing Manager at Pillar To Post Home Inspectors, the largest home inspection company in North America with over 550 offices. She is a contributor to various North American real estate publications such as INMAN News, The Residential Specialist Magazine, REP (Real Estate Professional Magazine) & enjoys communicating with professionals in the real estate industry.
Share This Page:
Please log in to Facebook to provide comments. Comments will not appear on your Facebook wall without your permission.