CELEBRATING 50 YEARS 1964 - 2014
History of the Indianapolis Chapter of Women's Council of Realtors
April 1947 a meeting was called of Indianapolis women in real estate to form a Women's Real Estate Board since the Indianapolis Real Estate Board would not allow women in its membership. 21 women made application for charter membership in the Women's Real Estate Board of Indianapolis. The regular Indianapolis Real Estate Board amended their by-laws to allow women.
Septembear 1963 Indiana State Chapter of Women Council of REALTORS received its official charter at the Indiana State Association's Golden Anniversary in French Lick.
June 9, 1964 an organizational meeting was held with future Women Council of REALTOR members. On October 5, 1964 Robert Graves, President of the Indianapolis Real Estate Board, presented the Indianapolis Chapter Charter to Helen Hirt, President at a dinner held at the Columbis Club in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Indianapolis Chapter providing professional women wih the Leadership skills needed for today's business and "Where Winners are Developed".