This newsletter is intended for 2022 leaders of Women's Council. This important information should be read thoroughly and shared with your local members as needed.
Edition 06 - 2022 | February 23, 2022
One Month to Drop Date on Renewing Members
Membership dues for 2022 are past due and anyone with an outstanding balance will be dropped on March 31st. Your roster shows membership expiration dates, but to assist in your final renewals push, National staff will be sending a customized email to your President and Membership Director next week advising of expiring members. National will also be mailing out a past due invoice individually to members, but local emailing and calling efforts are encouraged as well. Retain your members and work on that final push!
Members who joined from August 2021 to February 2022 are exempt from this drop deadline.
Fourth Quarter Network Checks are in the Mail
National has mailed checks for the local and state dues for new and renewing members from the fourth quarter of 2021. You should have them this week. Please note the following regarding network checks:
- If you see a discrepancy in the check amount that does not match your records, please let Debbie Coda know at firstname.lastname@example.org for further evaluation. While we are confident that amounts would "match", Networks should double-check.
This is our last deployment of checks. Starting in April, all dues reimbursements will be done through your BillHighway account on a monthly basis.
State checks were sent to the 2021 State President's address on file. Local checks were sent to the 2021 Director of Membership address on file. In the event that there is no membership director reported or they don't meet the criteria, we will send it to the 2021 Local President.
2022 Supporting Women of Real Estate Grant Program Opens on March 7th!
The National Association of REALTORS® and the Women’s Council of REALTORS® are pleased to announce that the application period for the 2022 Supporting Women of Real Estate Grant is opening soon.
As part of the network model, networks must conduct a minimum of 6 mission-focused events annually. One of the four industry events must be conducted collaboratively with other local networks, with the local REALTOR® association, or with a related real estate organization.
On Monday, March 7th, we roll out the program for the fourth year in a row, which provides local and state REALTOR® associations the opportunity to receive funding to provide new and innovative programs focused on advancing women in the real estate industry and are a perfect collaboration touchpoint with local Realtor® associations.
Here are the details:
- Do local networks get the funding? No, local or state REALTOR® associations do.
- What is the role of a Women’s Council network in this? Approach your REALTOR® association, encourage them to apply, and offer an opportunity to work together and collaborate on the program. It’s a tangible program that showcases Women’s Council and Realtor® association collaboration. As a network, you want to be at the center of such a program.
- What is the timeline? The process opens on Monday, March 7, 2022. We provide networks an advanced notice so they can begin to engage Realtor® associations. All application materials are due on Monday, June 13, 2022. On Thursday, June 30, 2022, grant recipients are contacted & funds disbursed. The initiative must be completed by December 2022, and follow-up reports are due to the Women's Council.
- Can the event be virtual? Yes! It can be virtual or live, as long as it's 4 hours in length.
- How much is the grant? Ten grants of $2,500 will be awarded.
- Who can I contact with additional questions? Contact Olivia Peterson, email@example.com
- Find more information on previous grant recipients.
Network Training Opportunities for You!
State Teams - National Progress Report & Check-In
When: March 1, 2022, at 12:00 PM Central Time
We Are Stronger Together! Join your National Leadership Team for a Quarter 1 check-in to help keep your State’s 2022 Leadership Path calibrated for success. Nearly ¼ of your leadership journey at the state level is complete, and this is a great time for teams to check-in.
- What’s working and what’s not?
- How are local networks doing?
- Are we adhering to the model guidelines as set forth by national?
- What can we do to help you be successful?
Join the national leadership team for a national update as well as a Q&A session. Note, this is for state leadership teams only and the designated officers as well as other key leadership team members (such as District Vice Presidents, who you will want to include in this session). We invite you to attend together for this interactive “check-in” session!
State Networks Protocol Training
When: March 16, 2022, at 11:00 AM Central Time
Whether planning an event, governance meeting, or in communications, leaders must be mindful of proper protocols. In a grassroots organization, like the Women's Council, the various positions and levels of the organization bring layers of complexity in handling protocols. Your National Liaison team will walk you through everything you need to know and show you how to navigate the landscape, avoid minefields, and create an environment where you can put the "pro" in protocols! Q&A session will follow as well.
Leadership Identification & Development Informational Session
When: April 5, 2022, at 10:00 am Central Time
Women's Council is a leadership organization, and as part of our mission, we are structured to provide you, the member, with leadership opportunities that enrich both our organization and you as a leader.
Whether a task force, governing board or assisting in running an election, opportunities abound for your involvement.