WCR.org License Agreement/Terms & Conditions
THIS AGREEMENT DESCRIBES THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS PURSUANT TO WHICH YOU MAY ACCESS AND USE THE SERVICES PROVIDED ON WCR.org. PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY AS YOU MUST AGREE TO ALL OF ITS TERMS BEFORE USING THE SERVICES PROVIDED AT THIS WEB SITE. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES PROVIDED AT THIS WEB SITE THEREAFTER CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AS IF YOU HAD SIGNED THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS THE WEB SITE.
IN CONSIDERATION OF THE WOMEN’S COUNCIL OF REALTORS® (WCR) GRANTING YOU ACCESS TO WCR.org, YOU HEREBY AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
1. WCR reserves the right at its sole discretion to change, modify, add or remove portions of these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice or liability, and such modification shall become effective upon posting on the Web Site and/or electronic transmission to you. Your use of the services at this Web Site following any such modification shall be conclusively deemed to be your acceptance of such modification.
2. The WOMEN’S COUNCIL OF REALTORS® name and marks are the property of WCR and all rights in those trademarks, service marks, logo are reserved. REALTOR®, REALTORS®, REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®, and the REALTOR® Block "R" logo are trademarks, service marks, membership marks, and/or logos of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. All NAR trademarks, service marks, membership marks and logos appearing on WCR.org are the property of NAR and all rights in those trademarks, service marks, membership marks and logos are reserved. Members of WCR using any of the NAR membership marks should refer to the rules and regulation governing use of those marks to assure proper usage. All other trademarks appearing on WCR.org are the property of their respective owners.
3. The information provided at this site is for educational and informational purposes only. The information contained at this site should not be construed as a recommendation for any course of action regarding financial, legal or accounting matters by the WOMEN’S COUNCIL OF REALTORS®. It is not meant as a substitute for professional advice from a qualified legal, accounting or financial professional.
4. WCR does not represent, warrant or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information displayed, uploaded, downloaded or distributed through WCR.org by any user, or any other person or entity.
5. WCR may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the service provided at this Web site at any time without notice or liability, including the availability of any feature, database or content.
6. WCR.org and all materials included at WCR.org, including without limitation text, images, graphics and multimedia files (hereafter Content) are protected by all applicable copyright and trademark laws and owned by WCR or the party credited as the provider of the Content. All rights in the Content are expressly reserved by the applicable copyright and trademark owner.
.. a. You may download one copy of the Content provided by WCR to a single computer for your own use. Except as provided below you may also use copies of Content provided by WCR in connection with your real estate business, provided all such copies indicate the Content is copyrighted by WCR and is reproduced with WCR permission. The following legend should be used in connection with all copies of the Content authorized by this subparagraph: "Copyright WOMEN’S COUNCIL OF REALTORS®, Reprinted from WCR.org with permission."
..b. You may not sublicense, transfer or otherwise make any content available to any third party for commercial purposes or financial gain or use the content in any other media or in any other location other than as permitted in this section.
.. c. All Content provided by any party other than WCR will identify the party who provided that Content. You may download one copy of Content credited with being provided by any party other than WCR on to a single computer for your own personal, non-commercial use. Content provided by any party other than WCR may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way except with the express authorization of the party providing the Content.
8. WCR.org may contain links to other related Internet sites, resources, sponsors, affiliates and other unrelated parties. WCR is not responsible for the availability of these outside sites or their content. WCR is neither a sponsor, partner, promoter or publisher of such sites or their content, and expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for the content of those sites. You should direct any concerns regarding any external link to the site administrator or Webmaster of such other site.
9. Your dealings with advertisers and third party vendors found on or through the WCR.org, including your participation in promotions, the purchase of goods, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such activities, are solely between you and the third party. WCR does not make any representations or warranties with respect to any goods or Web sites that may be obtained from such third parties, and you agree that WCR will have no liability for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of any activities you undertake in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods, services, information or other materials available, or through such third parties, on our Sites. You acknowledge that such external sites usually have their own terms and conditions, including privacy policies, over which WCR has no control and which will govern your rights and obligations with respect to the use of those Web sites.
10. THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY WCR ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL MEET ANY PARTICULAR CRITERIA OF PERFORMANCE OR QUALITY. WCR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE USABILITY, CONDITION OR OPERATION OF THIS SITE, OR THAT ACCESS TO OR USE OF WCR.ORG WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR AS TO THE INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WCR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, COMPARABILITY, SECURITY AND ACCURACY. WCR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
11. As part of the registration process to use the Members Only portions of WCR.org, you will be assigned a password. You agree to provide WCR with accurate, complete, and updated registration information. Failure to do shall constitute a breach of this Agreement, which may result in immediate termination of your access to WCR.org.
12. WCR reserves the right to send electronic mail to any and all users of WCR.org for the purpose of informing them of changes or additions to WCR.org or any related services or products, but shall have no obligation to do so.
13. WCR may at any time, in its sole discretion, terminate, limit or suspend your access to WCR.org, without notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation your breach of this Agreement or the termination of your membership in WCR.
14. WCR.org may from time to time make available "discussion areas" on various subject matters which may of interest to persons authorized to use WCR.org. WCR may, with or without notice, and at the sole discretion of WCR, establish, discontinue and/or delete any or all "discussion areas." You agree that if you participate in a "discussion area" (post or read a message or comment at the discussion area) you will abide by the rules and regulations governing discussion area as hereinafter set forth.
.. a. WCR does not review the content of messages or comments posted to discussion areas within WCR.org by persons authorized to use WCR.org other than WCR, and you agree that WCR shall have no liability for any damages arising out of the content of those messages or comments. If you post a message or comment at a discussion area, you agree to indemnify and hold WCR harmless from any and all liability, damages or expenses whatsoever due, directly or indirectly, to any cause of action arising out of the message or comment posted by you.
.. b. WCR is authorized, but not obligated, to reproduce and distribute through WCR's WCR.org service copies of all comments and messages posted to a discussion area. WCR reserves the right, but does not assume a duty to any party, to delete from any discussion area any comment or message which WCR determines, in its sole discretion, does not comply with these rules and regulations.
.. c. You agree to use discussion areas in WCR.org only for lawful purposes and not to post any unlawful message or comment or in any other way use WCR.org so as to violate any local, state, or national law.
.. d. You agree not to post any defamatory, libelous, threatening, vulgar, sexually explicit, or obscene messages or comments. All comments and messages posted to a discussion area in WCR.org will reflect the professionalism of REALTORS® and the spirit of the Code of Ethics as expressed in its preamble, "Whatsoever would that others should do to you, do ye even so to them."
.. e. You agree not to take any action which would disrupt the dialogue in a discussion area or take any other action which would interfere in the normal use of WCR.org by other authorized users.
.. f. You agree not to post any advertising, promotional or other type of solicitation to other authorized users of WCR.org except in those areas of WCR.org where such postings may be specifically authorized.
.. g. You agree not to impersonate any other person in your postings to a discussion area in WCR.org.
.. h. Individual discussion areas may have additional rules and regulations specific to the subject matter being covered in the discussion area. These rules and regulations will be posted at the discussion area. You agree to abide by the rules and regulations of individual discussion areas in which you participate.
15. This agreement, its terms and conditions and the use of the WCR.org Web site are governed by and will be interpreted under the laws of the state of Illinois, United States of America, without reference to conflicts of laws and without regard to the location of execution or performance of this agreement.
You hereby agree that any and all disputes which may arise and any litigation that may arise from such disputes will be litigated before a court located in the state of Illinois, County of Cook, U.S.A., to the exclusion of the courts of any other state or country.