This newsletter is intended for 2021 leaders of Women's Council. This important information should be read thoroughly and shared with your local members as needed.
Edition 12 - 2021 | April 14, 2021
Note, this edition of Roadmap is for 2021 network leaders and is being distributed to the six leadership team members who were reported to National.
2021 Supporting Women of Real Estate Grant Program is On!
The National Association of REALTORS® and the Women’s Council of REALTORS® are pleased to announce that the application period for the 2021 Supporting Women of Real Estate Grant is now open.
In last week’s road map, we shared that 225 association executives are members, along with a testimonial video by Texas REALTORS® CEO, Travis Kessler showcasing the importance of collaboration with Realtor® associations.
This week, we roll out the program, which provides local and state REALTOR® associations the opportunity to receive funding to provide new and innovative programs focused on advancing women in the real estate industry and are a perfect collaboration touchpoint with local Realtor® associations.
Here are the details:
- Do local networks get the funding? No, local or state REALTOR® associations do.
- What is the role of a Women’s Council network in this? Approach your REALTOR® association, encourage them to apply, and offer an opportunity to work together and collaborate on the program. It’s a tangible program that showcases Women’s Council and Realtor® association collaboration.
- What are timelines? Application materials are due by Monday, June, 14th. Funds are distributed by June 30th, and all programs are to be completed by December 31, 2021.
- Can the event be virtual? Yes! It can be virtual or live, as long as it's 4 hours in length.
- How much is the grant? Ten grants of $2,500 will be awarded.
- Who can I contact with additional questions? Contact Olivia Peterson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Midyear Meeting Voting Delegate Registration
Deadline is One Week Away
The 2021 Local President is your network’s Voting Delegate at the Women’s Council Virtual Election on Thursday, May 6, 2021. You must register by April 23 at 11:59 pm Central time to be eligible to vote. Register here.
WHO: All Women’s Council members are welcome to attend
WHEN: May 5-7, 2021 (voting delegate registration deadline is April 23)
HOW MUCH: $129 full conference fee, PMN candidates will pay $99 (a coupon code was sent)
WHY: 15 hours of programming includes: sessions, networking, business meetings. Timely topics relevant to you include: the next big thing in social media – Clubhouse, exploring the topic of SIMPLICITY, Instagram reels, going global, reputation management, brand-building, lightning rounds, post-COVID reset for your network.
National Meetings Go Live in the Second Half of 2021
National meetings are intended to be live during the second half of 2021, so mark calendars, budget, and plan accordingly. Registration for both will open in early summer.
Network 360 Leadership Conference: Invitation Only for President-elects - August 18-20, 2021 in Chicago
National Conference & Expo: November 10-14, 2021 in San Diego
For more information, visit our national events page, which will be updated as information is released.
New Member Recruitment
Network leaders: More new members have been recruited to date (mid-April) in 2021 than the entire 2020 year combined. Great work! As the pandemic subsides, new enthusiasm is renewed for joining Women’s Council. All-time high REALTOR® membership means that professionals are out there, poised to join. Here are some great video resources for you to assist in new member recruitment efforts:
- Recruiting New Members: Just Do It! Rebecca Carmona, Past President of Women’s Council Miami-Dade, breaks down in 27 minutes tips to recruit new members.
- Recruitment: How to Get them! Your 2021 National Liaisons walk you through everything you need to do to recruit new members.
- One-Minute Pitch: New Member Recruitment Tips In 15-minutes, leaders outline their tips in a quick and easy-to-understand format.
- The 5 Pillars of Membership - Women’s Council of REALTORS Becky Klein, President of Women's Council St. Charles (MO), outlines the 5 pillars of membership.
PMN Golden Ticket
Members can take advantage of this special, limited one-time offer to complete the designation with just three PMN courses plus submission of your application and fee.
We've conveniently scheduled three virtual PMN Courses at a discount for any member interested in this limited-time offer.
Please share the Golden Ticket website and all of the details with your members!
Reminder: 2022 Leadership Identification and Development Process is Underway
The Leadership Identification and Development process is open! Last month’s eConnect outlines the process. As a local leader, here is what you need to know:
- Encourage your members to apply for leadership positions and participate in the process, and share the eConnect article.
- Encourage them to apply by the May 15th deadline.
- After May 15th, we will work with states to submit names.