This newsletter is intended for 2021 leaders of Women's Council. This important information should be read thoroughly and shared with your local members as needed.
Edition 2 - 2021 | January 14, 2021
Microsites, Events, and Your Network Support Toolkit
for the Next 2 Weeks
Note, this edition of Roadmap is for 2021 network leaders and is being distributed to the six leadership team members who were reported to National.
UPDATE ON 2021 OFFICER TEAMS APPEARING ON MICROSITES
- Are 2021 officer teams finally reflected? Yes! All officers who reported 2021 officers before December 24th now appear on microsites and should have full Admin access. Photos are pulled directly from your member profile and can be changed there. As changes occur in leadership positions, please fill out an amendment form - allow 1 - 2 weeks for changes to be reflected.
- I reported 2021 officers after December 24th. When will they appear on the microsite? 2021 officer reporting was actually due to National in October, priority to microsite updates are given to those who reported through late December. If you reported after December 24th, please allow for another two weeks for officers to appear.
- Why do last year’s 2020 officers still show side-by-side the 2021 leaders on the microsite? We are aware of this and are in the process of removing 2020 officers. At this time, both 2020 and 2021 officers still have microsite access but once 2020 officers are removed, last year’s officers will no longer have access. Note, the President’s message is designed as a dynamic message and should periodically be changed; in the short term, we recommend you list 2021 officers in the President’s message if having the short term situation of officers appearing side-by-side is problematic, but again, this will be removed very soon.
- How does the Admin function work on the microsite? Note, training was held in December, but you can view the course “microsite training on-demand”. Please complete training before contacting National for troubleshooting. Note, while Admin access is granted to all network leaders, we recommend only 2-3 trained leaders access the Admin portion.
DID YOU MISS THE NEW YEAR KICKOFF?
Early this week, 500 network leaders attended the New Year kickoff, in case you missed it, we've posted the recordings on our YouTube channel.
- Elevate, held February 4-5, is a “don’t miss event”, with one day dedicated to network leaders, and one day for business leaders, but the conference is for all members. As we approach the one-year mark of social distancing, how do we maintain and enhance our robust leadership presence virtually? An optional Certified Virtual/Social leader PMN Pop Up course will explore this topic, and attendees will receive a certification badge that also counts as PMN credit. Click here for full details.
- A network certification program will be launched this Spring! This new program recognizes and rewards the most active local and state networks that achieve five key benchmarks of network excellence and exceeds basic charter requirements per its national affiliation and provides outstanding member service. Training sessions will be held in February and announced in future Roadmap editions, but you can get an overview here,
Communications channels! National Liaisons are your new regional connection and can point you in the right direction on the myriad of issues you will navigate throughout your network leadership journey, in addition to state liaisons. National offices also have three primary communications channels via phone, chat, and email. Inquiries are tracked to ensure you get answers to the questions you need.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR – UPCOMING NETWORK TRAINING SESSIONS ON RETENTION AND RECRUITMENT
Recruitment and Retention. The first task as 2021 leaders is to retain and recruit members. Our National Liaisons will walk you through comprehensive training, including practical tips, success stories, tools to repurpose and use, navigating COVID concerns, and understanding reports and how to use them. Leadership teams are encouraged to attend both sessions, and we will untangle it all for you.
We are sharing these timely tools so you can encourage network renewals in the final 60-day stretch, recruit new members year-round, and maintain a vibrant and successful network. Sessions are free, but pre-registration is required. Attend both sessions to receive a Women’s Council Retention and Recruiting badge!
Retention: How to Keep Them
February 1, 2021 at 10:00 am Central
Recruiting: How to Get Them
February 8, 2021 at 10:00 am Central
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.