The Englewood Chapter was initially chartered in 1983, then merged with Venice in 1997 as both chapters were relatively small at that time. Both Englewood and Venice grew significantly over the subsequent decade and the travel to the opposite community in alternate months for membership and committee meetings had become cumbersome, especially during “The Season,” resulting in the decision that Englewood would pursue becoming a self-sustaining chapter again.
The Venice-Englewood Chapter of WCR voted unanimously on December 21, 2005 to release Englewood from the joint chapter, providing the necessary mechanism for Englewood to once again form its own chapter, covering the geographic boundaries of the Englewood Area Board of Realtors®.
The Chapter was chartered on January 26, 2006 and celebrated the formation at a Charter Luncheon February 15, 2006 at which time the officers were installed and the charter members inducted.
The Englewood Chapter was recognized as the 2006 National New Chapter of the Year! Since then, the Chapter has continued to receive National WCR attention by earning the Gold Award for Chapter Excellence every year: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011.
In 2009, the membership voted to change the name of the Chapter so all Women's Council members would know exactly where Englewood, Florida is. The official name chosen: “Englewood on the Gulf Chapter”.
The Englewood on the Gulf Chapter is proud to be an integral cog in this vital professional organization and we welcome your participation as well! Get Ready to be Leaders in the Real Estate Community!
Long Term Goals
- To be the source of education and business tools focused on the needs of women REALTOR® entrepreneurs at all stages of development.
- To be a dynamic, accessible network, linking resources and member expertise to drive business success.
- To identify, build, support and promote strong leaders for the industry and the broader community.
- To showcase and promote the achievement and impact of women in real estate.
- To be sought after by other organizations as a source of leadership development and the businesswoman’s perspective.
- To be a network of strong chapters that consistently deliver value and provide a collaborative, trusted, welcoming environment in which members can achieve their business goals.
- To be a magnet for career-focused REALTORS® with diverse backgrounds and a high level of professionalism.
- To be a strong organization with the resources and infrastructure necessary to fulfill our mission and realize our vision.
Women's Council of REALTORS® Core Values
- The Power of Relationships - Success in business today is achieved through positive, productive relationships. The Women's Council of REALTORS® provides an environment of collaboration in which members can form, build and maximize relationships for business and personal success. When members share their time, talent and experience, the entire industry is advanced.
- Leadership – To continue to grow and be successful, every business, industry and community must have leaders who can see change that is needed, organize resources and engage the hearts and minds of those around them. Through the Women’s Council of REALTORS, members develop and apply newfound leadership skills and qualities across all areas of their personal and professional lives.
- Professional Credibility - Members of the Women's Council of REALTORS® are career professionals. We operate based on a shared value system of integrity, respect, consistency and a commitment to excellence and continuous development.
- Diversity - The council member network is enriched through the celebration of and active outreach to the full diversity of our industry. At the same time, the strength of the organization lies in what unites us all - our shared values.
- Involvement - Active participation increases membership value. Participation in the Women's Council of REALTORS® is the opportunity to contribute to change, and to be changed, personally and professionally.
- Success - Success in business brings credibility, influence and greater opportunity. Wealth creation through business success also leads to long-term financial security, greater independence, and more quality of life choices.
- Influence - Positive change will come from the greater inclusion of the women's perspective in positions of influence in the real estate industry and in the broader community.