Dear members of the Wisconsin Women's Council of Realtors,
I am honored to serve as your 2023 State President of the Women's Council of Realtors Wisconsin. We have exceptional State and Local Leadership teams in Wisconsin, and I am so proud to be serving alongside them! We are very grateful for the financial support, expertise, and involvement of our Strategic Partners. We would not be able to carry-out the mission of Women’s Council without the vital support they provide. I am confident that with our collective efforts, we will continue to make a positive impact on the real estate industry. We invite you to get involved in Women’s Council and fully participate to experience all the opportunities that are available to you!
As a real estate professional, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, and caretaker, I understand the unique challenges and opportunities that come with being a woman in the real estate industry. We often find it challenging to balance our professional lives with our personal lives, because we may feel obligated to take on so many responsibilities both at home and at work. However, work life balance is a myth because it implies that work and life can be neatly separated and balanced against each other in a way that ultimately benefits both. It is not possible to achieve perfect balance, as work and life are inextricably intertwined. During times of high work demands, work naturally takes priority, leaving less time for life. Conversely, during times of lower work demands, life will take precedence, leaving less time for work. This cycle can create feelings of guilt and stress for those who are not able to ‘balance’ both work and life successfully. Ultimately, it is healthier to accept that work and life are intertwined and focus on finding an equilibrium that works best for you. Here a few tips to help you find that equilibrium:
- Make time for self-care – schedule time for yourself and stick to it. Make sure to get enough sleep, eat healthy meals, exercise, and take breaks throughout the day. Taking time to practice self-care can help reduce stress and anxiety and can help us feel more empowered and in control of our lives.
- Prioritize your tasks – create a to-do list and be realistic about what you can accomplish in a day. Prioritize tasks and focus on the ones that are the most important.
- Set boundaries – be clear with colleagues, family, and friends about your work hours and the time you need for yourself.
- Delegate tasks – don’t try to do everything yourself. Ask for help when you need it and delegate tasks to colleagues when possible.
- Make time for activities that recharge you – make sure to take time for hobbies, social activities, and anything else that brings you joy and helps you relax.
On behalf of the Women's Council of Realtors, I'd like to wish you all the best for a great upcoming year. Together, we have the power to make a positive impact in our communities and provide a better future for generations to come. As we continue to collaborate and build strong relationships, I'm confident that we will continue to strive for success. Here's to a successful, productive, and rewarding year ahead!
2023 President of the Women's Council of Realtors Wisconsin
Meet the Leadership Team
State President Elect
Tricia L. Chartier