This newsletter is intended for the leaders of Women's Council. This important information should be read thoroughly and shared with your local members as needed.
Edition 7-2023 | March 22, 2023
Last Push for Renewals
March 31 is the last day for renewal season! Anyone with an outstanding balance will be dropped from our database after March 31st. Remind your members to renew their dues to continue their Women's Council membership.
Prorated members are exempt from this drop deadline.
The Time is Now to Become a National Leader
We will be highlighting our Leadership Identification & Development process in our April 5 Council Corner - But you can be the first to view the article!
The Leadership Identification & Development volunteer application deadline for 2024 is June 1, 2023.
If you are interested in running for national office in 2025, you can view more about the Leadership Team process here.
2025 Candidate Applications are accepted until May 31, 2023.
2023 Midyear Business Meeting Voting Delegate Eligibility
The 2023 Midyear Business Meeting Election is taking place in Washington, D.C on Wednesday, May 10, 2023. Eligible voting delegates include all members of the National Governing Board* and 2023 Local Presidents. You must register by April 26 at 11:59 pm Central Time to be eligible to vote. Register here.
* National Governing Board members consist of the current National Leadership team, Past National Presidents who remain REALTORS, 2023 National Liaisons, 2023 Executive Committee members, 2023 State Presidents, and 2023 State Liaisons.
Unable to Attend Elections at Midyear Meeting? Follow Designated Alternate Voter Procedures and Timelines
State and Local Presidents – if for any reason you are not able to attend the 2023 Midyear Business Meeting and vote at the Election, you may designate your voting privileges to another member of your network in good standing. You must provide an authorization notice using the designated alternate voter form AND ensure the alternate is registered for the Midyear Meeting by April 26 at 11:59 pm Central Time for the alternate to be eligible to vote.
- This is the only formal notice we will give to networks about designated alternate voters.
- We do not accept emails or telephone calls outlining designated alternate voters.
- The purpose of the Election is to elect the national leaders of the Council - President-elect, First Vice President, Treasurer, and three National Liaisons.
- The Delegate and/or Alternate must hold REALTOR® or REALTOR®-ASSOCIATE membership and also be a current member in your network. You must outline their network position on the form.
- If you have questions about this, please send them in writing to Jaclyn Flores, firstname.lastname@example.org. Title subject line “delegate alternate voting question” so that we may efficiently assist you and please be specific in your request and provide as much detail as possible (your name, network name, etc). No calls, please.
- All election policies must be followed strictly and in writing and no on-site informalities are allowed.
Reporting Forms for State Leaders
The deadline for 2024 state liaison reporting is June 1, 2023. This REALTOR® member position is now an elected position. Report state leaders here.
Incoming State Liaisons should plan on attending the Network 360 Leadership Conference in Chicago on August 9-11, 2023.
First Vice Presidents
Second Quarter Meet Up
April 20, 2023
11:00 am CT
2023 Supporting Women of Real Estate Grant Program
The National Association of REALTORS® and the Women’s Council of REALTORS® are pleased to announce that the application period for the 2023 Supporting Women of Real Estate Grant is now open.
As part of the network model, networks must conduct a minimum of 6 mission-focused events annually. One of the four industry events must be conducted collaboratively with other local networks, with the local REALTOR® association, or with a related real estate organization.
This is the fifth year for our partnership which provides local and state REALTOR® associations the opportunity to receive funding to provide new and innovative programs focused on advancing women in the real estate industry and are a perfect collaboration touchpoint with local Realtor® associations.